Be wary if the you receive emails containing one or more of the following signs:
- Offer to overpay or otherwise provide additional payment.
- Request for the seller to wire money through Western Union, courier services etc.
- Statements about Paypal not being able to transfer the funds to your account until you have paid the courier. If the buyer has made a payment, the funds will always be visible on your Paypal account.
- Any requests regarding your personal or financials information.
- General spelling or grammatical errors.
CHECK YOUR PAYPAL BALANCE IMMEDIATELY IF YOU RECEIVE ANY EMAILS ABOUT FUNDS HAVING BEEN TRANSFERRED. FAKE EMAILS ARE UNFORTUNATELY COMMON.
FRAUDULENT CHECKS AND MONEY ORDER ARE COMMON. YOU WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF A BANK CASHES YOUR CHECK AND THEN DISCOVERS THE FRAUD.
SHIPPING AGENTS AND COURIERS SERVICES ARE OFTEN USED IN SCAMS. IT’S ALWAYS SAFEST TO MAKE THE SHIPMENT YOURSELF.